8/10/18

WoW, Nearly Time to Start Leveling

Been distracted trying to get 400 Armor in Destiny 2, and I will most likely start dedicating myself to World of Warcraft starting Sunday for the pre-patch mount and the upcoming expansion.

Anyway, I've been thinking about levels, and inspired by a few artists, it would be an interesting idea to say start with a 20-50ish level party and have them get wrecked by "low level" monsters.  But beyond that, I do wonder how to handle levels.  By default, you gain levels by defeating monsters and I did create a FFXV-Camp type of leveling, but...Here's an idea for leveling:

-Levels do not give you stats.  Instead, they are a "percentage" you earn in battles.

-You then locate a pod where you can store and augment your characters.  Each pod provides a certain amount of stats, but they'll be locked from your party for a number of battles.

-The "Level Percentage" will be used to determine the chance of gaining those stats and will be reset after those number of battles have passed.

So for example, you find a pod with +1 Attack for 5 Battles.  You send your 50% Warrior in, and your battles has a 50% chance of giving him +1 Attack.

---

That was simply an idea in my head.  It could be that I might decide that the gain is +5 Attack after 5 Battles instead of +1 Attack per battle with 5 Battles.  I might even decide to have rare weapons or skills gained in this manner.

Anyway, I guess some of the pods may be found in hard-to-reach places.  For example, you may have a +1 Attack at base and a +10 in a cave.  I might make things easier by allowing you to install chips at your base rather than going to said cave each time you want to level up.  Which brings us to enemy design.  If Level is replaced by percentages, then tougher enemies offer higher percentage.

But speaking of level, it may be an interesting idea to have some skills show up at certain "levels", so perhaps you'll gain a multi-attack at 50% meaning that when you go to the pod, you'll lose that multi-attack.

Anyway, that's enough rambling from me.  Obviously didn't think much on this, but may try the idea out.

No comments:

Post a Comment