3/8/19

Wiggle Room For Improvement

When I first started the "bondage movement system", I had to run a parallel common event for a state and I had to line the map with regions.  Thankfully, the current version is much easier to apply.

Working on a new project helps me re-tune some of the scripts I worked on before.  For example, there was a script in Slime Time that allowed an event to trigger for each member rather than just the player, especially when it comes to launching them across a gap.  Part of that code involved jumping or teleporting a character based on their direction; they are now trimmed down and similar to each other in structure.  In addition, the code to determine who is on that event has become its own method, meaning that I can record who's on that spot and I can also inject that (or any other) character into those custom movement methods.

And it's not the scripts themselves that gain new life.  Jump pads may affect anyone but I can also have them only work with the followers or on the last one if I want a horror feel.  It may also be possible to have jump pads work on more specific members, like perhaps a magnet pulling metal armor or a gate teleporting away those without an ID card.


Should I add the ability for events to trigger other events?  The previous incarnation was tied to events having enemy data for the ABS, mainly to interact with the jump pad code.  Here are my thoughts for what I should include:

- According to the old code, one event can be "Trigger" and another event can "Step" on it.  This makes it so that a spider can't step on its own webs...
- But what if a spider can't step on its own webs but can trip a monster trap?  Perhaps a Trigger and a Step need a string to determine what each one can activate, a sort of key system.
- Before, the script would run the current page.  A second string could probably turn on some self-switches for both events.  For example, there is a web that can cocoon the whole party if they go through it, so you can lure a bear to destroy that web and "cocoon" the bear for a better ambush.  Now that I think about it, the Trigger probably needs two strings for its own switches and for the Stepper's switches rather than one for each.

No comments:

Post a Comment