12/31/18

A New Year Approaches

I almost forget about this blog.  Mainly, I've been helping out others with their games, plus I've been engrossed in being a pirate in Sea of Thieves. However, 2019 will be a year of transition as my family thinks my current job is not paying enough, so hopefully I'll get one that will give me more free time.  But that's not here or there.

Anyway, expending my game library, even if just a tiny bit, does give me some ideas that I hopefully will try out.  I wouldn't want to get rusty with RPG Maker.




Ideas:
- Limited-Turn Battles:  Regular battles tend to be a case of kill-or-be-killed.  What I'm thinking is that instead of spending many turns to defeat a foe, most of them will run away while afflicting the party with a restraint if they're not defeated in time.  As a bonus, running away would have a chance to apply the state too.
- Rescue Party:  If you get captured, it's usually game-over.  However, I'm thinking that instead of seeing that screen, you would be hidden in a room and your partner would have a number of "investigation points" to find where you are before it actually becomes a game over.
- Anchor:  With my movement system, it's interesting to see some allies fall behind.  But what if I had a chain and ball restricting the movements I can make?

No comments:

Post a Comment