8/30/18

Let's Party Again

There's not much I can say with Monster Hunter World being a distraction, but I did do some scripting instead of drawing.

First, a small snippet in my message box so that I can dim some words if I'm Blind or Deaf using an escape character  like \B or \D.  Unfortunately, trying to do \B[1] leaves me with [1], but I don't have that many states/alterations to make that array a necessity.

Second, I'm trying to reincorporate some movement code from the ABS back into the DBS.  I have removed those parts since the DBS focused on the battle, but with the Loading Peril idea from the last post, I figured that there could be some field perils as well.  One thing I do know is that while the ABS used MP to free your buddy, the DBS will forgo that MP requirement but will increase your encounter rate.  I also think that the random map encounter will be used in this game so that you don't get battles from having a stuck ally get tagged.

Edit:  Incorporated Confused and Berserk movement into followers on the map.  Confused makes the character move in random directions.  Berserk (or Go) would make the character move without stopping.  At the moment, Confused has a higher Restriction number than Berserk which prevents crazy running, which could be handled by assigning a tag to the Berserk states.

2 comments:

  1. MHWorld is too good, dumped nearly 175 hours into it, HELP. Chances are could have pushed out a new game myself if...I didn't get mega distracted. :'D We should trade Guild Cards at some time! Beyond that I do love the idea with your stuff with the status effects effecting map movement, and relise I don't do -enough- of that even though it would help convey the effect even -better- towards the player on what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The movement system started as a mash of a confusion walk using an array and a jump script back with the spider demo. The script has long since evolved with party support and less arrays.

      Delete