5/7/18

Slime Just Gained Wait

I apologize for the previous post.  Where I promised an early release, I instead ended up implementing Skills into the ABS.  This means that I can use Skills data from the Database from the damage formula to giving each skill different states to add and remove.  (Which reminds me:  Need to link Critical to item)

While both sides should default to the Normal Attack, the Party should be able to equip some weapons to use different weapons.  Enemies should be closer to their DBS counterparts and be able to use skills and their conditions from their Action Table.  I'm also experimenting with some effects; for example, an attack on a normal enemy can do 50-100-200 depending on the direction you attack from, but 1000 Needles can deal 1000-1000-1000 regardless of direction.

Another thing I did which seems minor is that in most cases, the Animation should reset.  That had been an issue with how I used animations before, where if an enemy blows up, the audio of the animation would play but the graphics wouldn't because they would already be playing the animation from the attack.  And also, because I experimented with high-damage skills and got myself blown up, I did correct an error with party death and tested out a Game Over script.

This should make attacks easier to design for two reasons:  If I wanted to make a spitting flower, my old code would have to use the move route to make attacks, but the new code should let the spitting flower attack like a normal enemy would.  And secondly, the previous code was designed with 1 "skill" so that a scorpion could only attack and poison at the same time, but now it should be able to do a weak attack with poison or a strong attack to slow you down.





To Do:

-Implement Ranged Attacks:  This is easy for Enemies as I can simply detect the player and party's range.  For players, they would have to check for events at certain spots, like an array.  I believe a Japanese script does this, but we'll see if it works the same.  Also, alter enemy conditions to see if they can activate when a player is in certain range.
-Alter the fighting method to work more with skills; perhaps make it so that attacks only work if you have the minimum MP required meaning that a Bazooka would consume more MP than a rifle, and perhaps add in a casting animation to act like a "ranged hit box".
-Use State Resist to mass-nullify states rather than create a massive list
-Rework Items.  Before, I planned to have items in the menu work as skills, but I could probably keep combat simple if everyone chooses a different weapons.  But I do want to try and use a "cooldown" state so that items aren't spammed over and over.
-Rework Menu.  Using default menu at the moment, but as I'm using save points at the moment, I should alter some of the commands.  I do plan to make it so that Equipment can only be changed at camps or town.
-Rework Guard/Dash.  Using the basic Dash right now.  I have several ways to go, perhaps make the Dash limited by a stamina bar or reverse the Dash and have the button become Guard (decrease frontal damage, but move slower and can't attack with button held)
-Other Scripts: some scripts are preloaded into the project and I might implement them.  I could use a Crafting Script to create a cooking scene for Camps, and I'll see if it's better to die on the field or to respawn at a camp (or perhaps spawn in a spider's nest in that instance.)
-False Death Loot - After making a 3-phase boss, I got myself thinking about showing the loot that plays after the boss explodes (after the boss is actually dead), which should be easy to copy from what I have.  This would also be useful for other situations like if I want the same 3-phase boss to drop unique loot the first time and reduced EXP the second time, or if a quest requires me to capture spiders and I get their bodies and no EXP.

Anyway, some more things to work on for this ABS, but I'll try and see if I can at least release what I have so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment