5/13/18

A Monkey for Code

For anyone who cares about what code I put in since the last time (or today since I was busy), here's what I got:

- Attack Range is made for the enemy currently.  Using a modified near_the_player method, I am able to attack the party from a distance.  However, making range for the party is slightly different as my current "single target" method is event_xy (which checks all events at that location) and that the player's attack button also helps allies.
-- In addition to trying out new formations, two other things I should experiment with is changing the current code  for a minimum range and map-specific zones (if you played the previous demo, an example was in one of the rooms.)


- Casting animations can accompany some skills.  There are about 4-5 types of casting animations:
1. Cast animation while attacking.
2. Cast animation when possible to attack, such as if the enemy continuously spews gas clouds.
3. Attack after casting (No Interupt)
4. Attack after casting (attacking resets the cast)
5. (In progress) Attack after casting (attacking removes the cast and thus the attack).


- Some minor adjustments:
-- Corpses stay at the bottom.
-- Followers are prepped to have speed mods, their max based on the leader's own speed.
-- Testing out having followers move towards the current target to make battles a bit more interesting.

---

Anyway, it seems that if I want to continue the demo properly, I need to place the exits and give more state sprites.  Hope I don't get distracted from that.

No comments:

Post a Comment