11/27/17

The Dame of Dakka

Hm, have you ever gotten the desire to create the ultimate sundae when you're just scooping ice cream?  That's how I am with this ABS project, and here are some things I've done and hope to add on.

-No Attack Tag - Enemy cannot attack the player. I'll need to update the event so that attacks can be executed from other places (in case I want a ranged enemy that wouldn't work in melee range)
-Immune Tag -  Player cannot attack Enemy, nice for chasing events.
-Animation Tag - Change the animation based on equipped weapon or enemy tags.
-No Attack Status Effect- Anyone inflicted with this state won't be able to deal damage.  I should also make an immunity version of this state (barriers).
-Extended the damage formula to include elemental multiplier and state attacks.  Should probably modify damage method so I can deal 0 damage (for status-only effects).
-Quicksand Teleportation - Need to test this, but if you sink far enough, you should teleport to a different map.

Want to do:
-Alternate Damage Method and Tag- Not only for status-only attacks, but also for "skills".  Actually, I think I can apply actual skill data here.
-Make ranged arrays - One to extend starting range, then another to start longXwide attacking range.
-Make "explosion" arrays - Detect things to attack within a radius.  I can guess the shape for squares (standard), diamonds (x+y <= range), X (absx=absy) and + (x or y = 0)
-Make reactions to getting hit, ideally turning towards attack or getting knocked back.
-Update Hud to show status effects.
-Shortcut buttons for consumables?
-Make a game out of it.

2 comments:

  1. it looks good but when will the public get to try it out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question. I'm pretty certain it won't be in December. If I release this as a technical demo, that's a few days to prepare the rooms. However, I feel like having latex instead of quicksand, so a few more days to prep the sprites for that.

      Ideally, I'll be aiming for January or February with a small amount of content, so...expect March at latest.

      Delete