11/24/17

Now the Lass is an ABS

It's not an Action Battle System unless you can attack something with the push of a button, and pushing a button was easier than I thought.  Since I already have a method for the player to press a button and the event to activate something by walking into it, I put in a "damage" method.  The method will execute if the Event involved is an enemy, and then executes a damage formula to take away the HP.  Of course, the Event can also attack my party.

Interestingly enough, just setting the character's animation_id will start the attack animation, so to limit how fast my characters can attack, I simply make sure the method doesn't run if the animation_id is above 0.

Of course, it would be boring just to have normal attacks, so I will have to see if I can add states into the mix (such as a spider catching my party in its webs) and add notetags to customize attack animations and attack patterns (i.e. if it's just a wall that you can attack that shouldn't fight back).   I may also have to look into making an alive-dead party order at some point.  Hm, it would be interesting to create an ABS that employs States to restrain foes rather than just defeat them (and also need to ensure that some states can remove the ability to attack).  Hm, would have to think up a fancy name for this ABS.

No comments:

Post a Comment