10/26/17

The Other Lass is Half Empty

Nearly everything can sink into the quicksand, and my Player and Followers can get states by sinking into the quicksand.  Therefore, my Events should sink into the quicksand to get those states.  Of course, I could probably call on Self Switches to change pages or behavior...

But I decided to try and give my Events the ability to have States.  Ideally, the Event scans a notetag that will assign an Enemy to an "actor" variable like Game_Player or Game_Follower does with the party.  Through the State Character script, the Actor was the class that changed the character graphics, so one similarly for Enemy ought to work similarly.  In short, the Event should draw the new appearances from whatever is put in the enemy.

So far, I managed to get the states to work on the events, in the sense that the graphics change when stacks of states are added.  However, it should be noted that these Events don't naturally support all the features of states like walking it off or turning around, so I might put those in.  For now, I'm distracted by Destiny 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment