9/13/17

Repl F Update: Cue the Lights...Again!

Previously, I created light by creating an event, and then using a "near player" snippet, I set a variable for that area.  I had a script that pretty much changed the tone of the screen based on that variable, which led to a flickering effect.  However, it seem that there was a moment in each room that the lights shift back to normal values because I placed them in the Custom Move Route, hence the variable wouldn't happen instant.  I could do a Parallel Process, though...

I ended up making another script that used notetags in the maps, and because the math takes place on the map, there is no adjustment time needed for the lights, making the light transitions pretty flawless.  This also means I need less "lightbulbs", which at least means more space on the map to work on.

Edit:  Also worked on a few "light-related" bonuses.  For example, a lit hallway would have a 1/10 chance of being ambushed.  Walking into a dark hallway is guaranteed to have a 100% chance of ambush.  I plan to have a Flashlight as something you can use to nullify most encounters.

2 comments:

  1. Always great to see someone go "You know what, this would be so much easier if I just did X" and then share that info so others can take that into account for their own stuff! I doubt I would need to do something like this myself anytime soon, but to know you did and It's something I can read up on is great =3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Thankfully, Tsukihime of Himeworks makes notetags for nearly every part of RPG Maker, the maps in this case.

      Delete