3/27/19

A Tearable Thing To Waste

There are plenty of games out there with "clothing damage".  From a design point, that means a Leather Armor can degrade into Torn Leather Armor.  And so I set out for a script that transforms your currently equipment into a different one if you have a notetag.  Perhaps you also use this script for "shifting armor" or upgrading by chance.

So far, you can access this "Tear Armor" ability inside your damage formula (message included) and you can turn it on if you want it to tear it inside your equipment screen. I would need to rewrite the optimize-equip to exclude these equipment from being replaced immediately if they always break, plus a way to force an equipment change (if I want to put a symbiote suit over a breakable armor).  I would also need to set up a Repair tag so that these equipment can be "restored" (replaced) with the item in question.  Hm, not sure if having an unremovable/cursed tag is redundant or not.


Another thing I'm trying to work on is an Alternate Equipment Seal.  The idea comes from Morizel's games, which sadly seals away equipment when cocooned and thus makes me have to re-equip them.  My plan is to have a feature like Equip Fix that would prevent you from swapping armor, but the Alternate Seal would remove the text, parameters and maybe features of the affected equipment like it was sealed.  I'm also hoping that you can replace the text with other things, like how a Straitjacket would have your arms in Sleeves.

No comments:

Post a Comment