10/3/17

Boss: Digita and Halloween Update

In The Fates We Weave, Digita is an AI of a crashed airship.  In the initial draft, she first helps out the party by providing information on enemy nests and activating security measures.  However, when you actually reach her airship converted into a base, Digita is actually storing people and creatures of the island as her purpose isn't to help humans win but to help humans survive, even at the cost of victory.

One of her likely boss battles doesn't have you fight her.  Instead, she sends out test subjects and then inject them with a Mutation that could make them attack twice or unleash a stronger attack.  Her last test subject would eventually be used to test permanent Mutations, meaning this boss has to be defeated quickly.

---

...If you noticed the lack of updates for the Halloween game/Repl F, I'm not sure I can continue on this game.  Last week had me extra-busy leaving me little time to fiddle with the game, but I haven't really added much to the game even with the free time.  I believe the problem is that the core mechanic of the game (face-stealing ghosts) and the room progression (looking for treasure) went in opposite directions, and there wasn't any fetishes added in yet when focusing on those two concepts.  With just a month remaining, I don't think I can rearrange the storyline for the best flow.

So instead, I'll have to polish up the dialogue of what I have and release it as an alpha demo.  This means a game without much fetish or story in it, sadly.  Perhaps when next Halloween comes, I'll avoid making the same mistakes again, perhaps start earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment