9/19/17

Jumpstarting my Brain

The Jelly Beans are coming!
I tell myself:  If I ever find myself unable to move forward with my current project, mess around in another project.

I decided to clean up my "Bound Movement" code, which was used in The Fates We Weave and "Stupid Rubber Peril Game".  This consisted of removing some of Galv's original code that wasn't needed and moving some snippets that prevented the "corpses" from blocking jumps.  And from there, I added two more features:  My Followers will now hop if they have a "cocoon" state, and events will replace walking with hopping if they are given a notetag in their comments.  I also edited a bit of the player's collision detection so that followers don't shield the player from events, though it's also possible to make events react with the follower train as well.

In short, I just expanded the fun I can have.

2 comments:

  1. so when is a demo or full game started?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping that the Halloween game gets released on Halloween at the latest. I don't know if I will release demos inbetween, but at the moment, dialogue is just filler...I'll think about it in a few days.

      Delete